Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Ex partner won't st...
Clear all

[Solved] Ex partner won't stick to the court ordered access

Active Member Registered

Dear all i am hoping that one of you will be able to help me with a very difficult situation that I can't seem to solve.

Basically my ex partner stopped me seeing my children for nearly two years and I had to go through court to get to make a court order for access.

The court process finished on 31st October this year and since that date my ex has stopped all access and contact with me.
I can't afford to get a solicitor to solve it and can't really afford the time or money to go through the court process again. How can I get her to stick to the court order and do what she should for the sake of the children.

I always knew she would do this and I told the court what she was like but they didn't believe me and said that she was being really reasonable about it all but as I thought she would she stopped it all.
Please help me if you can with any advice or assistance to make sure my children get the access they deserve

Topic starter Posted : 23/12/2019 11:35 pm
Reputable Member Registered

If there is a court order in place and she is ignoring it, you can take her back to court, you would not really need a solicitor because the courts have heard everything and made their decision and put a court order in place. You can call the court and report it, they may tell you to complete a C79 form (i think) which will call her back in court, she will get a dressing down. If she repeats this, you will have to go through it all again. There has been a recent story where a mother was sent to prison for 4 months for constantly breaching a child contact order.

Let her play her games, it will be frustrating, but she will only get away with it for so long. I feel your pain, I have had my final hearing last week and my ex has breached the order twice already, it's not even been a week.

Posted : 24/12/2019 2:07 pm
Illustrious Member


you can try send her a letter, warning her about not obeying the court order. try that. if she ignores, then theres not much you can do, other can fill in a C79 form for enforcement. Would have to pay £215 court fee. but you could go back and represent yourself.

Posted : 24/12/2019 2:14 pm

Pin It on Pinterest