Domestic Violence -...

Notifications
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Domestic Violence - Court of Appeal Judgement March 2021

(@Daddyup)
Prominent Member Registered

Hi All

Below is a link to a summary of the Court of Appeal Judgement (you can click on the link to get to the actual judgement which is 47 pages)..

Looking to set up Integrated Domestic Violence Courts, reconsidering the use of Scott Schedules, increased focus on coercive and controlling behaviour, there is a little bit on what doesn't constitute abuse and instead is 'adult conflict' (potentially could be used to challenge allegations of DV), how the family courts should handle allegations and the approach they should take.

Very worthwhile reading for anyone going through the Family Courts facing allegations of Domestic Abuse.

The integration with criminal courts could lead to more convictions as rather than just keeping things in the family courts, victims could be encouraged to go down the criminal route.

Interesting read!

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/court-of-appeal-delivers-ruling-on-family-courts-approach-to-domestic-abuse/5107995.article

Topic starter Posted : 30/03/2021 7:13 pm
Bill337 and Bill337 reacted
(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

thanks. Interesting. In my case allegations where made against me for DA/DV. Cafcass dismissed it as adult conflict and said there's no risk to kids.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2021 10:10 pm

top tips to support your child after breakup

(@Daddyup)
Prominent Member Registered

I feel going forward there is going to be a lot more of an investigative nature into allegations and therefore responding to them appropriately will be important. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/03/2021 11:06 pm
(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

‘A Missed Opportunity’ - Women’s Groups Criticise Judges for Not Tackling Culture of Minimising Male Violence

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/03/30/a-missed-opportunity-womens-groups-criticise-judges-for-not-tackling-culture-of-minimising-male-violence/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2021 11:57 pm

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Share:

Pin It on Pinterest