Notifications
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Submitting c100 for consent order

Page 1 / 2

(@seekingadvice)
Active Member Registered

Hi,

I'm trying to get a mutual child care agreement between my ex partner and myself made legally binding and have been advised a Consent Order is my best way to go.

I looked on the government website and it says you can do this online. I found the c100 form and have filled it out however I get right up to where you pay and have no option to attach the agreement? 

Has anyone done a similar thing and could advise where I'm going wrong? 

Thanks in advance.

Topic starter Posted : 26/03/2021 1:31 am
(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

hi, this is info from mediator site: 

Solicitor drafts your parenting plan into a consent order and completes Form C100. Submits to court and deals with Caffcass inquiries.

Outcome:Your parenting plan made legally binding by consent

I suggest you get in touch with a family mediator. some have solicitors working for them, so they can arrange all of this for you.
ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2021 12:48 pm

how contact centres work

(@seekingadvice)
Active Member Registered

I've spoken to 3 solicitors now:

One I paid for said I could submit this but the court may not make it legally binding even though we are both in agreement 

The second was a free consultation who said I could just submit my agreement and the court would turn it into a consent order and I just need to pay £215 to submit it

And the third said: The family court is a little different in its children department to the financial department. You cannot just send a consent order to the court. One of the parties needs to make an application (C100) to the court and it is likely that there will be a first directions hearing. Additionally CAFCASS will be on the scene as regards a safeguarding check.

Once an application is in court and case no allocated then a consent order can be presented to the court and considered. It is not a matter, I am afraid, of using them as a post office. Hence any estimated fee (apart from the court fee of £215.00) would have to include making an application to the court and attending court. I think you are talking at least of a fee of £1,000 and the court fee to sort this situation out.

As I'm sure you can see this has left me completely confused. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/03/2021 10:34 pm
(@warwickshire1)
Prominent Member Registered

Number 3 is nonsense... Number 1 and 2 are both pretty much correct.

If you write on here what contact you agreed between yourselves and age of child/children i can give an indication if it would be agreed or not.  Its £215 , but they may do an interim order and get cafcass to do safeguarding checks. As long as ex dont change her mind they normally will end up writing it up as a consent order unless its totally unreasonable towards 1 parent

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2021 11:02 pm

(@seekingadvice)
Active Member Registered

@warwickshire1

The contact agreed is for a 6 year old. I have him 2 days every week and then in addition to those every other Friday, Saturday and Sunday including over nights. 

Holidays are to be split 50/50 and then he sees me on fathers day his mum on mother's day with the same for birthdays. 

So if I complete the c100 myself how do I present our agreement as I can't see how this would be attached or is this something I would then take to court? 

Appericate your help. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/03/2021 11:20 pm
(@Daddyup)

I can see what all the solicitors are saying. The below link details in a simple way how to get a consent order. Clearly the fee is £215, however if you then use a solicitor to assist then there are their costs to consider which should be for 2 - 3 hours (including time they discuss the matter with you and arrange for both parties to sign) and so £1,000 looks about right. You and ex could split this cost if possible. The solicitor will ensure that everything is submitted as it should be in the required format (although I don't think there is a standard format) making it easier for the Consent Order to be made legally binding.

https://www.gov.uk/looking-after-children-divorce/if-you-agree

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/03/2021 11:26 am

top tips to support your child after breakup

(@Daddyup)

My understanding is that you can do it yourself and others may be able to advise on best format to use for the consent order and submission to the courts. The arrangement you have suggested seems reasonable. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/03/2021 11:31 am
 actd
(@actd)
Illustrious Member

One question I have, is your ex aware you are wanting to do this? If so, no problem, but if this comes out of the blue, might it cause issues with her with the simple fact of it going to court?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2021 12:55 pm

how contact centres work

(@seekingadvice)
Active Member Registered

@actd

Yeah she's aware of this and was happy as long as it was done at my expense hence why I've got to sort it instead of going through her solicitor who already has all the details and wrote up the agreement.

I wasn't sure if you needed to attend court if it was all agreed so she is under the impression that she may rather than its a certainty. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/03/2021 5:02 pm
(@seekingadvice)
Active Member Registered

I still don't know how to submit the consent order with the online C100 so I'm now thinking my best bet is to submit it by post but the gov website says this will take considerably longer due to covid 19

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/03/2021 5:05 pm

(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

hi, 

if her solicitor has drafted the order already, you could ask how much he would charge to send it off to court.

alternatively you could arrange yourself and use another solicitor.

this is the process and fee one mediator is charging:

CHILD ARRANGEMENT ORDER

Solicitor drafts your parenting plan into a consent order and completes Form C100. Submits to court and deals with Caffcass inquiries.

Outcome:Your parenting plan made legally binding by consent
£399
Per person. (HMCTS Court Fees £215)
ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2021 6:17 pm
(@seekingadvice)
Active Member Registered

@bill337

I'd say her solicitor has drafted more of a parental plan rather than the 'consent order' but I may be able to see if she will submit it through her solicitor and I'll pay the cost as that may be cheaper than getting myself a new solicitor.

Alternatively if I went with the link you sent to get the consent order drafted and submitted the price is per person so would we both have to be in agreement to take that option? Or would I be able to submit it for myself at the cost of £399 plus £215 court fee? 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/03/2021 6:37 pm

top tips to support your child after breakup

Page 1 / 2

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Share:

Pin It on Pinterest