Bank Holiday on a Budget
10 Cheap/free ideas for the bank holiday weekend
1. go have fun at a car boot sale. Give each of your kids a quid and set them off on their own bargain hunt!
2. set up camp in your backyard, on the beach or in your living room. If you haven't got a tent, build a den.
3. Visit the fish at the garden centre or the rabbits at the pet shop or your local animal shelter.
4. Have your own Bake Off. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1580654/millies-cookies-recipe
5. Make your own race track. Stick coloured tape to the carpet and race anything you've got round it
6. Make your own bubble wand https://www.naturalbeachliving.com/how-to-make-diy-bubble-wands/
7.Inspired by The Paper Dolls, by Julia Donaldson cut your own paper dolls and decorate them. https://www.panmacmillan.com/blogs/books-for-children/julia-donaldson-activity-paper-dolls-home-fun
8. Dance the night away. Crank up the tunes and disco till dusk with the kids at home. Dad dancing definitely required.
9. Go scientific - raid your kitchen cupboards https://littlebinsforlittlehands.com/simple-homemade-ice-cream-in-a-bag-edible-science/
10. Go out, have an adventure, step out of your front door with your kids and wander till the adventure finds you... it will be right there when you least expect it.
Enjoy your bank holiday!