Free online course for separated parents
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] EURO 2012

Page 3 / 3

(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

Hi Huck

Well your racist thug friend will now play as Cahill was shockingly fouled in a friendly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Muzru9SMw

As for Carrick - he didn't want to be in the squad because he didn't want to be a squad player - like he is going to be ahead of Scott Parker

Lennon is behind Walcott and Milner in the reckoning

I think we are going to really struggle and hopefully it will make Hodgson realise the enormity of the task ahead - he needs to cull the squad and get rid of most of the oldies

Also where is Gerard in your team????

My team for the first match
Hart, Johnson, Lescott, Terry (needs to say goodbye to his fans before he goes to jail!!), Cole, Parker, Downing, Gerard, Walcott, Carroll and Wellbeck

I would go wide with crosses into the box and scare the living dayllights out of the French

However I think we will play quite defensively

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2012 12:25 am
(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

I am loving listening to the commentators struggle with the surnames of the teams so far

imagine pronouncing this lot!!

Poland

01 Szczesny
02 Boenisch
13 Wasilewski
15 Perquis
20 Piszczek
07 Polanski
08 Rybus
10 Obraniak
11 Murawski
16 Blaszczykowski
09 Lewandowski

Substitutes

12 Sandomierski
22 Tyton
03 Wojtkowiak
04 Kaminski
14 Wawrzyniak
05 Dudka
06 Matuschyk
18 Mierzejewski
19 Wolski
21 Grosicki
17 Sobiech
23 Brozek

Greece

01 Chalkias
02 Maniatis
08 A Papadopoulos
15 Torosidis
19 Pa'poulos
20 Holebas
10 Karagounis
18 Ninis
21 Katsouranis
07 Samaras
17 Gekas

Substitutes

12 Tzorvas
13 Sifakis
03 Tzavelas
04 Malezas
05 K Papadopoulos
06 Makos
16 Fotakis
22 Fortounis
23 Ioannnis
09 Liberopoulos
11 Mitroglou
14 S'pigidis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2012 12:43 am
(@Goonerplum)
Noble Member Registered

Love the mispronunciation of Szczesny he has been knighted according to most commentators ......more often than not his name is pronounced Sir Chesney.

For those not in the know this is how his name is pronounced click the play button.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2012 8:38 pm
(@Goonerplum)
Noble Member Registered

Ok so any thoughts on who is going to win it? I still think the Germans will win through.

Thought England played great though. Can't fault any of the performances and if Milner had done better after he went round the keeper we could have won the match. Only fear for England is if Parker and Stevie G can keep up the same work rate through the whole tournament.

Thought Ashley Cole was brilliant (and as an Arsenal fan it pains me to say that) - real stand out performance both defending and pushing forward.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2012 8:44 pm
(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

As you can see from this I have been busy...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18433511

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2012 1:03 pm
(@daddyto4)
Reputable Member Registered

England will not win any awards for exciting play but who cares. If they progress through the group stages, we'll have done better than most of the country expected.
Hodgson has shown a shrewdness in his tactics and his picks for the starting 11. The Ox brings some flair (attempts at it) and Welbeck some pace and enthusiasm.
I've still got a sneaky suspicion....

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2012 11:47 pm
(@BabelFish)
Estimable Member Registered

I think we have done all right so far all things considered.

Roy has proved to be a inspired choice - maybe if the Liverpool players had given him a real chance ........Liverpool's mistake is England's gain.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2012 7:01 pm
(@Goonerplum)
Noble Member Registered

I am pleasantly surprised by how ok we are doing considering injuries and this not being our first choice squad.

Roy seems to know what he is doing and his substitutions in the last match seemed to actually bring about a change during the game.

Interested to see what will happen now Rooney is available again - will he start him or so continued confidence with the forwards who have played well so far ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2012 8:10 pm
(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

Rooney to play - Carroll on the bench
Ashley Young to sit on the bench for the rest of the tournament - play Oxlade- Chamberlain and Walcott - lets get at them!!

Get them to run at defenders and make them tackle (and hopefully foul them)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/06/2012 12:11 am
(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

Have waited a couple of days before I thought I would do ENgland's post mortem

We were shocking against the Italians - no attacking idea - in fact someone described it as Chelsea in the CL final

Think that Roy persevered too much with Young and Milner and they had fairly poor tournaments - I think he was afraid to gamble with Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain

He now needs to cull the old guard and make plans for 2014

We also need to learn how to attack so we can win the games in 90 or 120 minutes

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2012 1:08 am
Page 3 / 3
Share:

Pin It on Pinterest